#13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 05:13

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
If you want a more critical review of the book, where some other writers think the the Keto story goes off-track, Marty Kendall has one: https://optimisingnutrition.com/the...es-my-thoughts/

It's an excellent article, but it also points up either my utter mutant status OR (more likely) the crucial importance of one's own experimentation for success.

Quote:
Taubes should know that a high carb diet doesn’t necessarily make people fat. The part NuSI-funded year-long DIETFITS study with more than 609 participants (Effect of Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet on 12-Month Weight Loss in Overweight Adults and the Association With Genotype Pattern or Insulin Secretion: The DIETFITS Randomized Clinical Trial) found that (regardless of genetics, insulin levels or blood sugars), participants following either the low-fat or low-carb diet achieved similar weight loss and improvements in metabolic health.

Not true for me, but then, I didn't get down to my optimum weight, not achieved since I was 14, UNTIL I went 90% meat, high fat, and VLC. I must eat a lot of protein to achieve satiety. It's been a struggle until I just went with it, because so many people had success cutting back their protein. Not me, not ever.

Quote:
The best satiety outcome tends to occur when carbohydrates make up about 25% of total calories (i.e. lower carb by not very low carb).

Again, not true for me. At all. I still don't know my "optimum" carb level, because my experiments with both pandemic stress eating AND adding in vegetables created a weight gain and a health issue. Eliminating lectins did wonders, and now that it's 2021, I'm lowering the carb level, again. I might have to live on the "extreme" version I settled on last summer. That's okay. I might have messed up my body to the point where it's super sensitive to both gluten and lectins. Or maybe it should have been the way I should have eaten all along. And maybe I have Inuit genetics!

All I know, about ME, is how I read over Marty Kendall's recommendations and while I know for some people it's miraculous... it's something I've tried, and failed, to get success on.

Which is okay.

I don't regret getting Taubes' book, since I want to support the cause And it's great that we can have these sorts of wide-ranging discussions.