View Single Post
  #2532   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-16, 08:08

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

the one that might have the least impact but would take the most adjustment from me would be a "No Artificial Sweetener" challenge for a time period. Using sweetener is purely habit.

I have some of those SucraDrops I put in flavored water and, of all things, vinegar soup. I could put those in a sealed container or toss or give away, perhaps have a contest here or if anyone wants them I'll give them away.

The other place I get the sweetener is in sport/energy drinks. I only target sucralose but occasionally have aspertaine like in a Diet Mountain Dew. I use those drinks when I drive somewhere or at work. Not necessary, just habit and so-called "No Cal"

If you'd like to do a cheese or sweetener 30 day challenge to test our legs out on this, I'm up for it! That should be long enough to drop the old habit and pick up a new one and get some decent observational data.

And lastly, if you are still reading this before you run, I use to race off-road motorcycles and sailboards as an amateur. I use to get butterflies pretty bad before the starts but eventually learned to accept and enjoy them before the gate dropped. I would consciously relax and enjoy the first minute or so of the race as not to make a big mistake. When the "zone" of racing was entered shortly after that is when I started working and paying a lot of attention.

You are bound to have a lot of fun running. I'll be thinking of you and cheering in my head.