View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-18, 08:05

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Ms. A - It's become a real issue with many in the medical community unwilling to learn new information. In a way, I can understand this, as human nature is a fascinating, unpredictable dynamic. I just saw a family physician who had an office over an hour away from my home due to the fact that he specializes in metabolic health and is a strong LCHF advocate, practicing it himself. I still have my PCP locally who I have a follow up with in a month. The dilemma? After speaking with the new physician and confirming my test results are very positive, I will no longer have my blood lipids tested, as they rarely give me any valuable feedback other than numbers rather than valid health markers. I plan to inform my PCP that I have a very different lipid profile as a keto practitioner compared to anyone following a SAD, even compared to those following what might be considered a healthy SAD. If he can understand and support my pursuing health through lifestyle adjustments, then I'm fine with that. We shall see . . .

Your observation is important. What I've done over the past 20 years is to better understand how medical professionals can help me and to identify those areas where we are on our own to obtain the knowledge we require to live healthy. They have their roles, and I no longer try to fit that "square peg" of the medical community into the "round hole" that represents my lifestyle.