View Single Post
  #518   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-23, 02:38

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Arielle,
Dr Atkins (and Westman) recommended "more fat" to help someone get into "fat burning" in induction phase, but after a few weeks both of them limit fat through calories.
Quote:
Q. Don’t calories play any role?

A. There’s no question—of course they do. A 1500-calorie, 10-gram diet will take more weight off—and more quickly—than a 2000-calorie, 10-gram diet. If the carbohydrate levels remain unchanged, then the extra caloric intake does make a difference. People who eat out of force of habit and don’t cut their quantities lose more slowly because of their high caloric intake. DADR, 1972

Dr Westman finally put exact total limits on added fats in his newest book, End Your Carb Confusion. Use no more than 6T total for the day. [that is roughly 600 calories you can do without, so If your goal is fat loss, limit it further] He doesn’t "count calories" until stalled.
My own ON approach is to use tasty salad dressing recipes made from 0% yogurt or cottage cheese, substitutes for HWC, use lean meats, bacon and cheese are only an occasional topping for a lean burger, not a large serving everyday. No LC cheesecakes, LC desserts, and my personal downfall, all nut butters…stopped buying them 3 years ago.

When members of the ON Community do DDF or Macros, the most common revelation is they were "Eating Too Much Fat". These classes help you find what macros work for you. I use 40% Protein 40% Fat and 20% net carbs, not that much different from Diedra, but she exercises more. Though we measure "macros", what we are really doing is increasing nutrient density and satiety.

Keto Lie #5: Fat is a ‘Free Food’ because it Doesn’t Elicit an Insulin Response
https://optimisingnutrition.com/too-much-fat-keto/

Post on the ON FB page: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid...413252234180214