#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 13:47
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%
Default Maintaining: First Time Ever

There was a very good reason for starting Atkins in 1972. I had a contract at the Nuremberg Opera House for the coming October. I was to sing the role of Maria in the German Premiere of West Side Story in the German language. It was now April and I was a new mother carrying 30 extra pounds.

Atkins, Stillman and lots of water combined with 8 hour dance rehearsal got me to my goal.

Great story, right? True story. But with weight loss, the story doesn't end there.

It is now 46 years later and I've tried every diet on the planet, hoping every time that when I got to my goal weight, I would be able to eat like everybody else.

That just doesn't happen.

Today I'm declaring here on Milestones. I've already declared in my journal, but this makes it legal. This carries more weight.

I'm back to my October 1972 weight. I've recovered my health, which before included everything that comes before an official diagnosis of T2D. No need for the details, as we all know them. My waist measurement is down to 29" and my weight fluctuates between 134-136 lbs. I have my body back.

My goal is to continue to eat OP, which is LCHF + IF. For the past three years I've walked 2-4 miles every morning before dawn, so my legs are pretty strong. My next goal is a hard one for my age and sex: I want to be able to run on the treadmill.

I found the answer my body needs to be healthy and mobile. While I take some of the credit, much credit is due to this Forum and the wonderful, caring people who fight alongside me every day to reach their goals.

Thank you, my friends.
Sponsored Links