View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 19:09

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi, Tal. I started out eating rice and potatoes and gave them up, not so much because they were stalling me, but because I found after a while I just didn't want them.

One of the things though that I keep going back to in the book is that if you eat enough non-starchy veges, you don't necessarily need to eat the starchy veges to make up the difference. I eat artichokes and avocados mostly for my starchy veges.

Avocados are particularly good because they have both carbs and great fat! And I love olives. It helped when I started counting all my carbs to see where I was. Also, don't forget to subtract the fibre carbs, they don't get absorbed by our bodies.

Fat is the other thing. I find that if I skimp on fat, I start to stall. And the more I read, the more I come to the realization that fat is perhaps the most important part of our diet. Also, animal fat is looking more and more like it is actually better for us than vegetable fats, at least polyunsaturated fats and hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated fats.

I can't wait to see what Dr. S. says in her new book. Amazon says I should get it by the end of next week or the following Monday!

Hope this helps,
;-Deb