View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 05:50

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 150/150/140 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress:

y2valerie-
I do think this woe could help you. The SP woe is all about moderating your insulin levels, which in turn has a moderating effect upon your other hormones. It is a self-healing cycle, ultimately.

The thing is, when you commit to any form of moderation - some action which requires that you slow down and act deliberately - it also has an impact on other areas of your life. The SP woe requires more attention, mindfulness and balance than most people are accustomed to giving to their body. In my own experience, because meals are fairly proscribed (I have to eat a certain amount of protein, fat, carbohydrate and vegetables at each meal and snacks), food is for meals. If I am feeling anxious or stressed, I must attend to it and care for myself in some way other than eating. The hormonal element of the SP woe has several effects - I am less emotionally labile, I feel more calm and centered, I am satisfied with the food I eat and rarely overeat when I am paying attention and following the program.

Lots of people do get off on the anxiety they live with - but it is a choice ultimately. How we structure our lives is up to us. Changing the way we eat is often much more than just changing the way we eat - it impacts how we acknowledge and attend to our needs, which in turn impacts how we feel about ourselves. How we do anything is how we do everything. Change one thing and the rest of your life follows.

Best of luck,
Kristy