View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 16:04

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

In addition to carbohydrates, if anyone wants badly enough to go down the rabbit hole of obesogenic effects of linoleic acid from n-6 polyunsaturated fats (which were promoted as a "healthy" replacement for saturated fat, hmmm, right around the time 20th century obesity rates started exploding), a good place to start is here https://fireinabottle.net/every-fir...-the-beginning/ on Brad Marshall's website. Or for the even more science-minded, the protons thread at Peter of Hyperlipid. Fascinating stuff for those who enjoy this type of thing. Long story really short, those seed oils mess with the mitochondria in a way that denies fat cells the signal they're full so they just keep getting more and more stuffed. Explained why I never felt nearly as full with equal amounts of oils compared with nice saturated fat. Also a good explanation of how people in the earlier 20th century did eat a lot of refined carbs, pies, desserts, white bread, pasta etc. but were thin and then, boom, suddenly everyone is getting fat all at once when linoleic acid rich seed/bean oils replaced healthy saturated fats like tallow, coconut/palm, dairy, all the stuff big "health" organizations and governments began popularly saying were bad for the heart. What made sense to me as I had the curiosity to explore this rabbit hole was how reducing carbohydrate helps me deal with my metabolic problems but wasn't likely the cause, per se, but rather all the years of damage from eating those "healthy" seed oils and their artificially hydrogenated friends.