#8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-21, 14:20

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zei
No kidding. I've also become skeptical (not cynical, just cautiously skeptical) about any health or illness related advice being given out recently. Too much big food and big pharma $$$ at stake plus organizations or individuals visible in the news possibly trying to cover for publicly noticed poor decisions and policies they may have made by censoring and silencing dissenting opinions, etc. I just have to use the best information I'm personally able to find and go with what seems to work best for me.

I understand completely.

I use my noggin. Use what I understand of how scientific studies can be less than perfect, yet useful. Like don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Which brought me to a number of online sources that are worth my time to "ingest". The skeptical side of me, listened, or read, with a "prove it" mentality.

Years ago I worked at a well known research facility. It opened my eyes to the stark realities. Like to get published, established PhDs evaluated papers before it was accepted for publication. Or, the "outcome" of the research was couched to extract more research dollars.

None the less, good research is vital.

These days I depend on the YouTubers that meet my high bar of credibility, and over the years accept that new information, from research, changes what is best.

The critic in me looks for the " what's in it for me" angle.....who are the backers, where is big pharma hiding, or big farma hiding, lol, or any business that is focused on profit.

Ads are another word for lying, IMHO

As alluded to earlier, I go to my trusted sources, with ever an eagle eye of skepticism because the YouTubers don't get a cent from me, it's given freely. ( Of course, the more views, the more YouTube pays the content provider.) My point is I'm not getting fleeced of my money. I learn far far more studying on line than what I get from a doctor's visit that costs $60 on top of a pricey health insurance policy.

Be skeptical. Be wise.