#15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-14, 09:37

Plan: the FightDoctors plan
Stats: 215/171/165 Male 177 cm
BF:
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneSchall
Ok, so, if MyFitnessPal has it right, and I've entered everything I ate in the right amounts, I have the following stats.

Date Fat Carbs Protein
05/04/14 94 41 61
06/04/14 62 42 105
07/04/14 83 41 84
08/04/14 24 5 45
09/04/14 53 33 77
10/04/14 65 6 53

Doesn't look very consistent :-/

I've done intermittent fasting from night of 7th/8th. And before I started logging on MyFitnessPal so I don't have stats for the first 3-4 days when I started.

Ok so on the 5,6,7th you are over on your carbs.
On the 8 10 although your carbs are low your protein is nearly as high as your fat, and on the 9 you ate a lot more protein than fat.

My suggestion (FWIW) is this:

You need to keep the carbs low, as in less than 30. and you need to increase your fat.

The reason for this is: in what is now normal body mode we burn sugar, if you drop the sugars and give protein, the body converts the protein to sugar as an energy source. This may sound ok, but it means that you never use fat as a fuel source and this is the issue. If you remove the carbs, and give the body loads of energy rich fats, it WILL convert to using them. This is what we want :-). When our bodies start using fats as energy, it allows them to use the fat stores in our bodies easily.

SO keep carbs low, my opinion is the lower the better.
Eat more fat.
Your protein levels are probably ok, so don't cut down on them.

For the induction phase of Low Carbing, my feeling is that the important aspect is getting the body into ketosis not loosing any weight. If we try and do everything at once we fail, or like my friend did, nearly crash the car because of a Hypo!