View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 07:25

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

Thanks, NSmith. Good to know that it's working for you.

Sue, I understand how you feel. I can't tell you how many diets I've been on that allow about 6 oz. of protein and 2 Tbsp. of fat for the entire day. Is it possible? Sure. Will you lose weight? Absolutely. And you'll be miserable. I certainly don't want to go there again!

Like you, I read just about everything I can regarding nutrition and weight loss, even if I don't agree with the position of the author. I've learned to take the "experts" advice with a grain of salt, simply because they all vary so widely, and have a variety of studies to back up their claims. I have to absorb as much info as I can, combine that with personal experiences, and come up with my own personal approach.

Right now (and yes, it's subject to change!), that means low-carb, moderate protein (limited red & processed meats), limited cheese, cream, and eggs, lot's of low-starch veggies, and as much fat (preferably unsaturated) as necessary to make it all taste good. Oh, plus caffeine and a couple of glasses of red wine each day. Then, once I've lost the excess weight, I want to gradually add back whole grains. My gut feeling is that this is the way to go.

Tami