#4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 09:44
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
posted by Robinbebe earlier this week...
I have not posted here in a while, I have mainly lurked. I am currently at about 228 lbs. I have hovered between that and 230 lbs since mid April. I know LC works, but I seem to have gotten into a bit of a rut food wise. I mainly do Atkins and Protein Power, but have customized it to work for me, and thus far it has worked.

I have read so many things about the various spin-offs of LC dieting. South Beach intrigues me, but it sounds like a LF diet with some extra protein and less carbs. I have also looked at some LC programs where you don't count your veggies as carbs, and are allowed limited amounts each day. I have also thought about doing an induction, as I never did initially.

I have recently cut my hours at work. While working, I ate out at least one, if not more, meals per day. I think being at home more will help with this; perhaps that will be all I need.

Any suggestions?

Robin

When you get to a spot and its not working for some time it is a wise person that makes some adjustments! Wendy listed some dif. plans for you on the day that you mentioned the above... and some of us have found that taking some time off of lc'ing.. has been the necessary tool to jumpstart or jolt our bodies into letting go of the weight again... when I have done that, it worked for me.. I however, still watched my calories, just changed up what I was eating a bit..allowed some higher carb foods, and I did this for a week while camping. Came back, and WHOOSH..

I have noticed that it works for me to do it more on a weekly basis..however THIS past week, I did it one too many days in a row what with going to the amusement park yesterday.

You would be so proud of me.. I went on a roller coaster and didnt lose my lunch! LOL.. I did pass on the bigger ones, that go upside down or fly you like superman however.. but it was a start!

Quote:

Posted by Shrubie:
I to forgot to take into account lots of the things which I am thankful for from changing my WOL

1 The support of my husband, family and friends
2. I am much more assertive and stand up for myself
3. I like to look at myself in the mirror now
4. I do have great kids (even though they do drive me crazy at times
5. I am off of medication
6. I really do enjoy exercise
7. I have great faith in God and myself
8. I have found some really great new foods
9. Maybe some day I can wear a little black dress ( more a dream!!!)

I love to read people's lists like this.. .so much to be thankful for!