View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-22, 14:48

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I was pleased as I started to read this article thinking that fake meat products have finally been outed as unhealthy fake meat products, but no. Even before I got to the meat of the article (yeah, yeah), I stumbled over this paragraph:

Quote:
"I’ve nothing against veganism or Veganuary. Giving up animal products altogether isn’t for me, but few would disagree that that as a nation we should be eating less meat and more vegetables. While there are persuasive arguments that pasture-raised free range meat can have positive effects on the planet, especially in the UK where it can go hand in hand with the less drastic versions of rewilding, avoiding intensively farmed meat makes good sense for the damage it does to the environment as well as the animal welfare issues involved. Experimenting with eating meals without meat is not a bad plan."

Okay, let me be one of the "few" who disagree. These observations and claims are false, particularly when compared to the natural damage done by industrial plant farming. I know it's supposed to be a friendly, homey article citing what the author believes is true and obvious, but these statements are just unfounded nonsense.

Now that I've got that out of the way, the remainder of the article should be required reading by anyone who believes the many fake meat products being produced today are a superior choice. It's just more processed food from plants and manufactured stuff continuing down the path that has lead the world's population to an epidemic of metabolic syndrome and its many diseases. It's not close to being a substitute for a healthy whole food (meat) high in protein and nutrients with which some have a moral issue. And the moral issue is only one of two reasons these fake products are being sold. The other is the massive financial gains from a hyper-palatable processed food masquerading as healthy protein.