View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-13, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: LC/Atkins/Hgc2.0 &3.0
Stats: 260/231/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:Maybe someday....
Progress: 29%

Boy...and I thought I was perhaps suffering from a bit of carb creep from time to time.

When I read the average weight losses of most on this forum, mine is very low in comparison, as in a pound a week if I'm lucky.

I can see why now, from the meds list above. I have my work cut out for me, I can see that clearly.

I think maybe all of it; age, meds, and being more careful of what I eat - is all impacting the rate of loss. I am sure of it.

I had recently gone through what all I am eating, and I have decided to cut out a lot of it, and increase just the basics, and to stop being so afraid of fat!

Now I see I have to dump the low-dose statin I take, as well as the antidepressant, and if my BP has gotten a lot better, the diuretic! One would naturally assume a diuretic would actually assist weight loss, wouldn't they?! I see now where I've had this triple whammy going on the whole time!!

I'm so glad I see my Doc next week, and I will get my yearly blood draw and see how all the numbers are. After 5 months of low carb, I'm hoping for some improvement. But also am being realistic, especially after reading someone else's numbers on a thread near this one today!

I'm still happy that 20 lbs. is gone. To me, that is huge! The cigarettes are gone. I started both on the same day. I had to. I feel a lot better in general, even with aging, (darned near 60) and fibromyalgia and arthritis. I can work around all that stuff! As long as I keep moving, and trying to do the right things.

I'm so glad for all the info I've found here. You guys really help clear things up!

Bat Spit, I clicked on your link "One Rat Studies are valid." I read all of that, and it is very good. Love the content and especially the style of the author. Very informative, easy to read! Thanks! I will be following her writings.

Just when I thought I was narrowing things down and figuring out what to do to get off the weight loss stall, I've found much more needing done. That's ok. One step at a time. It doesn't discourage me. It makes me more determined than ever to get it right!! Time to get out my notebooks again where I wrote down every single little thing! Needed to anyway. Now I have to, so as not to forget a single thing!!

Thanks for this thread, Nancy. You're such a terrific contributor!