View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-19, 10:34

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

RE Calianna's comment on instutional food: when I was the guest of a big hospital for almost 2 weeks in watch and wait mode, I was starving every evening. Meals were 7 am- 6pm ish. Keeping a stash of saltines helped quell the evening starvation. Reminded me of a limited eating I did back in college which stoked the same extreme hunger. B OTH times I dropped a lot of weight. The stint in the hospital resulted in a 20 pound loss in less than two weeks.

Limiting the eating window works. Dealing with the extreme hunger was very distracting though.

IMHO the limited eating window needs to be a better composed meal plan. Meaning lower carbs than SAD. Here I share a better experience:

OMAD for a 37 day run worked much better; the trick was to keep the carb load low. NOT a SAD level. Body switched faster and easier to fat burning on OMAD ( likely under 50 carbs). Could control evening and morning hunger with a drink of water or a fat based snack. NOT a saltine. Even that hunger diminished when the carb levels decreased.

I like the eating window of noon to 8 pm; and of OMAD, eat at 2 pm. That's what works for me.

Will be listening to Dr.Kushner in a moment-- looking forward to this podcast after reading post #1.