#8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 10:16

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHW
Right, but I'm less interested in how they impact glucose, as I am how they are metabolized and if they are safe, or if they are dangerous like fructose.

BG impact has merit, as this would indicate that those having greater BG impact are dangerous at some level. The sweeteners with the least BG impact are some that I will consume. Considering liquid stevia has no added ingredients, that's the one I go with on those rare occasions that I use a sweetener. If you're worried about the danger of sweeteners, you can choose not to use them. All sweeteners that are overused including honey, agave, stevia, molasses, and other "naturally occurring sweeteners" have the potential to cause damage. The first thing I decided when I went low carb was to eliminate even low carb recipes that simulated what I ate with a high-carb WOE, and that included any low carb desserts or breads or whatever. I rarely crave sweets due to this decision, so I rarely use sweeteners of any kind, as I now find many things that are sweet to be unrewarding. YMMV.