#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 250/243.8/121
BF:
Progress: 5%
Post Calling Greece, Come in Greece...

... Hello again , Beba here (aka ahhaba, Beba is my pet-name at home).

Please forgive me going totally off-topic here but there is a question I need to ask of you (actually I appreciate info from anyone who's clued up re this topic below)

My OH and I have just been having one of our pet conversations about helping his mum and dad after all these years of thier consistant and selfless backing.

Mums' wish (she's 55) is to settle somewhere in Greece (pref in a bustling city close to the sea but not in Athens) with a nice little house and perhaps a small business attached to the house (this last is'nt written in stone however ), something like thier own bistro (she's a great cook with a sharp business acumen) or a florist/giftshop/c-store/etc/etc, whatever, something to keep them both active and nicely in the black financially.
Dad is 64 and nearing retirement (a barber by trade) - he loves gardening and golf and they both deserve to enjoy the years ahead. We love them very much and want to help but, dad is very stubborn and altho they own thier own house outright with a barber shop attached, he is loathe to sell up and move to Greece (they holiday there very regularly, close family in Athens etc etc) as it would be "putting all our eggs in 1 basket" as he puts it. We will soon be in a position to help them and are seriously thinking of getting a mortgage for them, (with the help of my OH's sister), somewhere in Greece:Thessaloniki? Peloponese? Evia? (whoops, not sure of spelling, sorry) and finally the question (I'm afraid I got carried away):
Do you know of a good site I could go to that would help acquaint us with
Greek mortagages;
laws in Greece regarding mortgages;
non-Greek individuals purchasing property there or thinking of doing so;
to get a rough idea about prices and what you get for your money.

We would both, hubs and I, appreciate any sites to do with purchasing property in Greece. If this is'nt possible, phone-numbers would be helpful too as long as it does'nt mean you guys going out of thier way in any way. I have found a few sites via search engines but they were'nt at all helpful . I'm hoping someone somewhere from this superb forum may have "insider" info

Thank You All, every single one of you who opened this post in anticipation, only to find a 'very' off-topic subject so Thank You for allowing me this space to ask for help. I wish you all excellently healthy, slimming, fun-filled happy days ahead where the lbs just seem to drop off leaving us all radiantly gleaming with health and energy .

All the very best
Beba (don't ever sign off using my 'family' name but this is different)
Sponsored Links