#20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-19, 19:37

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
Thanks! No problem with alcohol - just wish I could drink the good-tasting stuff.

I've been looking into a low-carb wine, but I'm not sure if the taste is worth the cost. I'm going to have a chat next month with the relatives who have a winery & see what they think.

If you're talking about Fit Vine, I wouldn't suggest wasting your money on it it. DD2 gave us a couple of bottles to try, and we didn't care for it at all - sure, it tasted like alcohol, but I couldn't detect any actual wine flavor at all to it. Every time I took a sip of it, I kept trying to figure out why anyone would bother with it - just to try to look cool while everyone else is drinking wine with flavor? As in "La-la-la! Look at me - I'm sticking to my LC diet, and still get to drink wine!"

I have a very, very low tolerance to alcohol, so seldom ever drink more than an ounce of wine. I'd rather enjoy that little ounce of good tasting wine than drink an entire glass of the Fit Vine. It's not even that much lower in carbs than regular wine. Maybe there's some other brand that has some actual flavor though.