Old Wed, May-03-23, 10:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/226/215 Male 6-2
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
That's great news! Looks good to me, and you are still eating "low carb" compared to the standard US diet. Whole fruits are OK, unless the sweetness and maybe a blood glucose rise from them, drive to you eat refined carbs next.

One concern may be..are you satiated with the types and amounts these foods? If you are hungry after lowering the calories, that isn’t a long term solution to weight maintenance.

Here's a new article posted yesterday on this very topic. It has lists of satiating foods you might add for a more varied menu:

Crush Your Hunger for Longer: The Biggest Satiety Hacks (and How to Stack Them)

https://optimisingnutrition.com/cru...hem/#more-40382

Yes and no, I really enjoy eating fruit so that helps a lot because I know within reason is all pretty low in calories so while I don't go crazy with it, I know I can have a good amount and not kill my calories. I eat a lot of melon (watermelon and cantaloupe) due to its high content of water, watermelon for me is very satisfying so it helps the sweet tooth. When i was doing low carb, I wasn't doing any fruit, but now since I'm not really counting carbs but calories I eat fruit because I knw the calorie intake is low.

The other thing I realized that was killing me before was salad, I'm not a fan of lettuce but with enough salad dressing i like it, the problem is I had to use so much and it was about 500 calories in just the dressing alone and that added to what else I was eating through out the day I think is what was stopping me from losing weight, mayo was the other culprit, I figured out between mayo and salad dressing I was taking in almost 1000 calories just in those two condiments alone, that doesn't include any other food, so i think a lot of my issue was caloric intake, and even more so bad caloric intake. While mayo and dressing was virtually no carbs, it was a ton of empty calories.