Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #1689   ^
Old Sun, May-26-19, 16:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- uh-uh, nope, no need to apologize whatsoever. I think the idea here is that "joy meal" can mean whatever we want it to mean. For me, the description in the book works perfectly and I shared it with my husband. For someone else it might mean something completely situationally different. That does not make it in any way invalid. You know how I mentioned "Hike your own hike" when I was talking about the many different ways that people approach hiking the AT? Well, we could say something similar here- an EYOM- Eat your own Meal!

I think the alcohol analogy is also good. Some people just can't mess with it- it brings too many of their demons roaring back; some can have a glass on a holiday only, some can drink socially. Or maybe smoking- some can stop, some can do it socially etc. It's really all on the same continuum of ANYTHING that can be addictive. That doesn't mean that Jaz can't drink her wine, or Trig her Diet Pepsi and Rum, just because maybe someone else can't. Same thing.

So have your joy meal and enjoy your joy meal, guilt free. Talk about it, guilt free. Each of us can do what he or she can do happily and safely for them.