View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 12:48

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Ken:

Thanks for the info. I think I've seen that chart before too. I always pay special attention to your posts and find you to be a great inspiration, (as I do many people on this forum, you all play a big roll in keeping me going!) Thanks!

My doctor is not a big fan of medications, he's always had a more holistic approach to health which may be influenced by the fact that he is a DO and not an MD. He prescribed the meds and I agreed because of the damage that was already being done to my body by the high BG.

I actually tried reducing my meds a few weeks ago just to see what would happen and my BG started going back up again. I was getting readings over 140 before bed time and hours after LC dinner so I went back to my doctors prescribed dosage.

One thing I did not admit to recently was a "cheat" I did a couple weeks ago during the annual "Tucson Meet Yourself" festival which includes many ethnic food booths. I went and decided to cheat and ate one Sonoran style hot dog with the bun, and a 6 inch genuine Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. (with onions and wiz...) and when I got home an hour later my BG was 214... and that is WITH all the meds I'm taking, (Metformin + Farxiga), so I am still pretty sick.

Thankfully, as long as I stay below 20 carbs a day my BG has not gone over 130 even when I eat all my carbs in one sitting for my evening meal, which I have been doing a lot of lately because I'm down to one meal a day now most days. Virtually all the carbs I get these days comes from vegetables. Usually my BG is about 120 1 to 2 hours after my meal and stays in the mid 90's and low 100's in the daytime. I did get one reading of 79 a few days ago near the end of my first 48 hour fast.

At any rate, its a risk taking the meds I know, but its a bigger risk I think if I don't keep my BG down at this point. Like I said, I'm hoping my doctor is right about being able to reduce or discontinue the meds once I hit 220 pounds.