#3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 13:32

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Friday night DH was in an accident that sent him over a rock wall to miss an idiot driver that didnt see him. Aka failed to stop. Car stoved in his driver door anyway. For me, It was a long sleepless night, distress an understatement.

Good heavens, hope he's OK!

And yes, when I say "stressful year", that's exactly the kind of thing I mean... There was the week where the kids & I were on the run... there was the car accident, just a couple months ago. There was.... It's been that kind of year.

And when the stress is high -- and I'm the only adult here to take care of everyone and everything -- I see myself doing "emotional eating". ie: eating for comfort, not hunger. Sometimes, I choose to go with it, and just keep my foods on-plan. I'll gain a bit, but in a way that's easy to correct. Other times, I'll declare, "I'm fasting today", and kill the craving with broth. (Love me some Simple Girl boulion.) There's other tools in my bag, but when it comes to the eating aspect, those are my two main ones. I kind of know where I am, and I choose accordingly. If I'm at a place where I've been giving in a lot, I'll plan a fast-day. If I've just really been run to the end of my rope (and happen to be short of sleep as well), I may "give in", feeding the cravings with on-plan foods, to avoid giving in by breaking plan.

Path of least damage.

But I am 70 lbs less than I was one year ago... and I've no desire to gain any of that back.

I had a pile of clothes on the back of my sewing chair that I was going to take in a few months ago. Since then I've lost enough it's not even worth it: I need to donate them.

My feet have even gotten shorter. I went from a size 10/10.5 to 8.5. (Feet have always been narrow... now they're *shorter* again. Guess I press down on them less.)

I'm looking at buying some fitted-dresses for work, even. (Instead of the knit ones that've been my choice for decades.)

But yeah, it's kinda crazy, being this close to goal. Getting ready to go on eShakti and order some made-to-my-measurement jeans! (the ultimate reward!)