View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 12:32

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
But now, at half-a-pound-from-normal-weight, I'm beginning rapidly to see why Dr. Atkins devoted so much time & energy to "maintenance" and "pre-maintenance".

If you have a copy of DANDR, now is the time for rereading as it has sooo many tips and cautions. Great book.

When I held at 202 lbs for a couple years, maintaining became normal. It still required thoughtful chioces. In some ways maintenance is harder. Eating to drop poundage is a different mentality than maintaining.However, It does become easy because we have internalized the rules of success.

We can never go back to the old ways..... do whatever you have to do to not gain it back. Getting it off the next time is harder and harder.

You know your triggers..... set up a plan ,a nonfood option when a crisis hits. Understand how cortisol packs on weight and sends food cravings rocketing. Foil distress.

Friday night DH was in an accident that sent him over a rock wall to miss an idiot driver that didnt see him. Aka failed to stop. Car stoved in his driver door anyway. For me, It was a long sleepless night, distress an understatement. I realized the cost of this if cortisol levels didnt drop. My health was paramount. Using a special chant, the anxiety dropped and I could finally sleep. Put this one in your arsonal for future stress. It works. Breath in nose and think," I am...", then breath out thru mouth and think "peace...." Just 1-2-3 times max. It works.

One hundred hip-hip-horrays to your success. Enjoys those "new" clothes....give yourself a pat on the back...... you did it!!!!!