View Single Post
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 16:01

Plan: General low-carb/sugar
Stats: 185/185/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

You all are my kind of people! I don't count ANYTHING anymore...carbs, calories, protein...none of it. And I'm losing weight. I have cut down on the carbs/starches and sugars but still eat them once in a while. I weigh once a week. If I eat bread (which I do almost every day with some natural peanut butter), I make sure it's 100% whole grain. I eat a LOT now. It's kind of shocking to me how much I can eat when I don't eat a lot of carbs or sugars.

I have found also something in Dr. Oz's "You on a Diet" book that resonated with me. He has a section on the levels of hunger and fullness, from starving to ready to explode. He says when you think you want to eat, evaluate where you are on the hunger scale try to eat just enough to keep you feeling 3/4 full to fully satisfied (but not stuffed!). That has worked really well also. Especially the reverse -- not letting myself get to the point where I am super hungry. I've found though that when you eliminate a lot of carbs/sugars, the urge to snack and many of the cravings go away.