View Single Post
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Dec-06-15, 05:59

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

It's holiday time at Trader Joe's and the peppermint Jo-Jo's are calling (they make great gifts as so many other items that only show up now)

Not sure what to make of this Electrolyte Alkaline water: http://traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/2222

I don't believe eating something "acidic" would be off-set by the water, but maybe if you are just starting LC and shedding water the electrolytes would be nice packaged in plain water. But how much would you drink to get a benefit? I tried it, it tastes like water.

Some excellent cheeses and sausage for entertaining...the demo was a smear of Brie cheese on a slice of summer sausage...for once no cracker involved. The goat cheese log rolled in cranberries is lovely for a holiday tray.

Now is time to buy special gift packs of body butters and hand cream. And woot, the hand cream has been also repackaged in a larger tube and now will be available year round. The best! 20% Shea butter plus some suspicious extras, but my sensitive skin does fine...love that stuff. Also Flavored olive oils and mustard gift sets. Finishing salts (Fleur de sal and truffle) , now available year round, or least we didn't get a gift pack of salts this year. Grand Blue cheese from Bavaria (small farms) Scottish cheddar, special holiday flavored teas. Only problem is ignoring all the sweets...they are everywhere you turn!