#7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-18, 10:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzgirl
Thanks. I was actually on the ADBB board which was focused on DANDR (the only version of low carb that ever really worked with me) under a different user name. For me, I could never lose following the general rules and limits. I was one of the folks who had to stay clear of all the lc commercial foods and mixes, and even too much of the allowed foods could throw me off. I am guessing it was/is the candida.

One good thing came from the Candida cleanse. I found the value in adding one single food (not food group) at a time and discovered I had some odd triggers that should have been "safe" foods for me. Eggplant and spaghetti squash were among the surprises. I also limit dairy to a bare minimum. I can do butter and cheese in small quantities but the cream, yogurts and other dairy I need to leave alone even in my later stages.

The good thing is that with each round I learn more about my body, making for fewer ups and downs as I eliminate trigger foods. The tough part is that it leaves you with a strict regimen but for me, :abstinence is easier than moderation" anyway

Hi Gzgirl. Your post has given me food for thought 😉. I stay away from LC commercial food also and it seems to me that I can’t eat much more than 20 carbs in order to lose. I like your idea of trigger foods. I probably eat too much cheese. That is probably my main thing. I don’t eat dairy. My other problem is getting enough fiber. I eat salads but mostly for lunch and veggies at dinner. Doesn’t seem to ‘move’ me. 🤔. I’m taking Benefiber each morning. It’s so so. I just keep plugging away. I love how I feel on this WOE. Life is good. Thanks for your info.