View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-10, 18:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/185/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Metformin has stopped working - please help!

I have been on Metformin for PCOS for about 5 or 6 years now. Recently, I have notice it has stopped working. I'm gaining weight, I'm breaking out again, I have more skin tags, and my cycles are very irregular (again). I had this problem a few years back, and I cut my dosage in half, then went back to the full dosage a couple weeks later and everything went back to "normal". It's been a couple months since the metformin has stopped working, but I have only weighed myself recently. I've gained 35 pounds since the beginning of the year! ah! I know I should have addressed this problem sooner. I talked to my doctor and she basically just gave me the ok to reduce the meds.

Has this happened to anyone before? What should I do? Should I do the same thing I did last time? If so, how much of the metfromin should I cut and for how long? I'm currently taking 1,000 mg twice a day.

Also, I started a diet and exercise regimen about 6 months ago and I have been VERY good about keeping up with it, so I know the weight gain isn't due to eating tones of sweets or not exercising enough.

Please help! My weight is totally out of control!
Sponsored Links