Old Tue, May-11-04, 10:06
Modified :)

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperoo
Anyway, if the sticks are the only way you can tell if you are in ketosis ( I used to use them, but the stinky pee is enough for me now-a-days *read, cheaper*), then get them and start at a low amount of dex, say 10 grams or so and see if you stay in keto. If you do, you can work your way up a little at a time to see how much works for you without kicking you out.

And if you don't wanna' tempt it, don't, lots of people do CKD without the small carbs after workouts, still works.

Cool.

I've been on Atkins for almost 8 months now (but stick to 25g or less carbs a day pretty much), so part of my problem is ketosis is just so natural that I can't remember whether I'm in it our out of it! I got the metalic taste etc at first, but either that's gone or I'm so used to it I don't notice!

Is the stinky pee a good sign? I've noticed it pretty bad few times particularly after a hard work out, but wasn't sure if it was something to do with making myself dehydrated. I normally drink loads (quick US calculation!) I've had about 250 oz of water today, so my pee is normally pretty dilluted!