#5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-09, 04:19
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Tom

One thing you might try that had a strong effect on me was Pao D'arco tea. I tried this tea 3 times per day and suddenly a lot of my symptoms first improved for a day or two and then got worse. I noticed the big changes in symptoms and then thought that maybe the worsening was the die-off effect, but I wasn't really sure because I was very new to it all. Later I found out that it was the "die-off" effect and that I should continue with the tea to get rid of the candida.

At that point when I saw the doctor(s) I was able to say "I tried this tea which is anti-fungal and it really made a difference". That didn't convince the ones who didn't want to believe that candidiasis was a genuine problem in some people, but the ones who knew about candida and how to treat it (and also my GP who knew about it but admitted he didn't really know how to treat it particularly) took note of that in the medical history/symptoms.

Don't know if this helps or not, but I hope it might. You can get this tea in most health food shops, but I would be careful about ordering off the internet because you need to make sure the tea is high quality Pao D'arco and not some which use wood chips mixed with Pao D'arco instead. Find a good health food shop and make sure it is a high quality version (usually labelled, well packaged and clearly marked as to the "mix").