View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 17:53

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
"In general, the concept of reversing or curing diabetes ... is not well-accepted in the medical field," said Dr. Abhinav Diwan, associate professor of medicine, cell biology and physiology at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. "It is not even a therapeutic goal when people start to treat diabetics."

The mere fact that Diwan (or any other doctor) would say that reversing or curing diabetes is not even a therapeutic goal when treating diabetes says a hell of a lot to me! Many many cancers still cannot be reversed or cured and thirty years ago very very few cancers were reversible or curable. Yet NO DOCTOR would EVER say that reversing or curing the patient's cancer was not even a therapeutic goal!

The goal was ALWAYS to cure or reverse, or at least slow the progress of the cancer. Even back when nobody had any idea how they might do that, EVERY cancer doctor and a gazillion cancer researchers were beating the bush looking desperately for cures. Any suggestion of the possibility that some particular protocol might actually cure a cancer and a hundred scientists started following up on it, writing a research proposal to get funding to test that particular protocol. (I know because, until he retired, my husband was one of those gazillion cancer researchers!) And, because they LOOKED, they have now FOUND ways to cure many cancers and ways to at least slow the progression of most others.

But diabetes? "Meh, it's incurable... no point in even looking for a cure... that's not even a treatment goal! Just put your patients on insulin and move on."