View Single Post
  #208   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 20:39
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

5+ mile MAF jog indoors at the Yes I said JOG. I was able to jog an entire hour keeping my HR at or very close to my MAF zone without doing any walking. For the first 40 minutes my HR was firmly planted in the zone between 125 and 135 BPM. As I tired I got a little sloppy and started jogging too fast. The HR in that last 20 minutes bumped up to 140 a couple of times. But I was able to simply slow down and get back into the zone. I'm definitely making progress. BTW: the jog tonight was on the 2nd day of an EF. I had plenty of energy for the workout. Keto stick was darker purple tonight.

This past weekend I enjoyed 2 longer bike rides, 6 miles on Saturday and a total of 11 miles on Sunday. I'm liking the bike. It definitely works the muscles differently, though. My legs were like rubber on Sunday night. I was still feeling sore on Monday and Tuesday. Those were recovery days. I would like to add bicycling to my workout regimen, but that might pose a conflict with my MAF training. To achieve the full benefit of working the low cardio zone, it is suggested that harder cardio be avoided for the 3 to 6 months that it takes to reach the peak of low cardio efficiency. Checking my HR during those bicycling outings broke that rule bigtime. During some of the hill climbing my HR was full red zone cardio. I still want to use my bike to workout. But I'll try some easier, flatter streets in an adjacent neighborhood. If I find the right course, perhaps I can still make this work without messing up my MAF goals too much.