Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 16:44
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbydeb
To lazy. To busy. To tired. Not enough time to cook or prep.

I am ALL of these. How do you get past these.

As time goes by, I realize I eat crap food because it’s easy. Convenient. Just stop by the fast food drive through. Or pick up a feprozen dinner at the store with a bag of chips.

I hate myself for what I do and don’t do. And although the majority of my heath issues are due to a doctors screw up in surgery, I know the rest of them are due to my poor eating habits and weight.

How did y’all get to where it became easier?
Hi Deb. Easiest answer: stop thinking this WOE has to involve all kinds of prep and complicated recipes. This is one of my #1 pieces of advice to newbies. Do NOT get distracted on the blogosphere with recipes. Stick to to the basics.

In about the same amount of time that it takes to pick up that cheap frozen dinner or drive-through, here are just a few ideas that take about the same amount of time for about the same price:
- a grocery store rotisserie chicken, and that’s good for several meals
- smoked sausages or hot dogs on a clamshell grill
- I don’t know what’s available where you are, but I can grab inexpensive meatballs, skewers, burgers, fish, marinated pork chops, etc which don’t take much more time on the clamshell or a fry pan
- If you don’t think you have time to cook eggs, you can probably buy them hard-cooked
- cold cuts, some cheese and pickles
- canned tuna, salmon, chicken, or ham. Mix with mayo.

For veggies:
- Frozen bagged, throw them in a casserole dish with some butter in the microwave.
- Bagged salad and a bottle of dressing.
- An avocado with some salsa or dressing
- Raw veggies - there are lots that are pre-cut at a decent price. Grab some dressing or dip.

I work an exhausting job, so I get it. For much of the year, I don’t even get home until 7:00 pm. A hunk of meat plus a side veggie does not have to take me more than 15 min and makes minimal mess.

Another important part of this to plan ahead, and keep lots of leftovers around. I keep notes on a white board on my fridge to remind me what’s there, what’s going to expire, etc. If anything, I usually have too much food to be used up.