View Single Post
  #263   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-19, 09:00

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Kids had dental cleaning yesterday. Not happy with this office. Kids have not seen a rel dentist in years. Just hygienists.

Got lucky yesterday, my youngest got my hygienist. She knows Im very interested in holistic approaches,and we have quiet conversations as holistic is unorthodox.

Well, son had 2-3 cavities for the last year+ that the hygienist has been bugging me to take care of. 9m ago at last visit, I kindly said we wanted to try a new approach first. I didnt explain. It was K2 supplement and baking soda brushing.

New to son hygenist was made aware of my concerns for those three teeth, and she cleaned them up beautifully. The first two have no sign of decay..... did they heal or did the teeth never truely have a problem? The third-- the instument clearly got stuck. She gave it another go-- and voila, it is clean with only a stain.

Im angry. This is the same place that put on sealant and the tooth developed a cavity, a real one that needed filling. ALl filling material is toxic. None are inert. Im angry because I suspect the tooth was poorly cleaned before the sealant sealed in the bacteria and its food!! grrrrrrr

So continue on with brushing with baking soda, and I will continue to push LC, and dumping the carbs.....

Older son, no cavities. needs more brushing at the gum line, and I noticed only a little blood. When I asked about blood in spit water, ya gross, he said none. Ummm, not sure he is correct on that. He too has been using baking soda for 6-9 months now. NOT paste.

My hygenist suggested a product to heal the tooth with the stain.. a topical she is using on her daughter. And a toothpaste made of xylitol, readily available, as that is known to prevent cavities. We are looking for both.

The xylitol toothpaste interests me because when the kids travel they reach for a tube of toothpaste as it is convenient. ( I take a small tub of baking soda about 1 1/2 x 2. Have tried a pill bottle and that is just ok.)