View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-19, 22:41

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

You just need to find the right suit! I am a lifeguard and swim instructor and I can tell you everything about how to look good in a suit because I stare at people in bathing suits all day. First rule is no one is really looking and everyone blends into each other and things we think of as negatives don't even register to people at the pool. #1 most flattering suit on almost everyone is a string bikini. High-waisted bikinis are very unflattering unless you have the right body for it (usually bigger women with booty). Next most flattering is one with a short flouncy skirt, either bikini or one-piece but has to be flouncy. Worst is a simple black tank. Second worst are those vintage type bikinis or one -pieces that are supposed to "hide". They just cut your line up.

For modest swimwear, a burkini is nice for Muslim women. If you get modest separates like the ones more conservative Jewish and Christian traditions wear, try to get a suit with the least amount of nylon possible because nylon droops and sags and emphasizes everything you don't want to emphasize. Poyester or PBT is the way to go.

I have a lot of opinions about this! In a string bikini, no one notices stretch marks and cellulite but that all jumps out at the eye if you try to hide it especially with any kind of fabric that is flowy or drapey. Except for a flouncy skirt, a suit should be tight to the skin. Otherwise, it looks horrible when wet.