#19   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 09:26

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Wow, really interesting.

Quote:
“We keep changing the microbiome with antibiotics and what we eat,” Iweala says. By tweaking the microbes that live inside us, we may have inadvertently changed how our immune system responds to alpha-gal, making us more vulnerable to tick-induced meat allergy. It’s also possible, however, that the microbes that determine the general tone of our immune function have shifted, altering how we respond to all potential allergens, not just alpha-gal.

I used to have Spring allergies until I started taking probiotics. It took about 3 years and was a nice benefit. I drink homemade kefir all the time now.

Quote:
The good news is that, provided you’re not bitten by a tick again, sometimes the meat allergy fades on its own.

That sounds hopeful at least.

Those ticks are a menace. My dog got really sick this spring from one that doesn't have a vaccine. I have a friend whose husband is dealing with heart issues from Lyme Disease.

I have to confess that I haven't taken the advice to wear long pants, socks and so forth very seriously, but I also can't imagine this:

Quote:
When he got home, he discovered hundreds of larval-stage ticks feeding on his ankles. (He spent the evening removing them with a knife and Scotch tape.)

I hope you find some answers and some relief. Life without meat and dairy would be a hard one for me.