#8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 13:50

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zei
I wonder about the gut microbiome differences between people who consume plant material and those who don't. Thinking specifically right now of the all animal food/zero carb/carnivore-type diets, something I'm currently testing. Typical health articles seem to emphasize the idea we must feed a lot of plant matter to our gut bacteria or...what? Do a lot of plant food loving species die off when you don't feed them? And if so, does it matter for health? Improvement? Detriment? Anyone with knowledge on this?

yes.

When feeding livestock especially the ruminants the feed needs a 2 week transition as the microbes in the rumen need to adjust to the change. THe percent of each type will alter. Realize these are only plant eaters. We dont have a rumen but the next best is the small intestines, and large intestines.

When I drop bread and not eat it for a few weeks then eat a hunk with butter, my stomach ache will start like clockwork X hours later. Payment for cheating. lol I learned to take a probiotic as soon as I ate off plan, and that prevented the distressed gut.

The amerian diet is big swings in food, certainly not 2 weeks to transition. Generally better to eat a bit of everythig eat day to keep bugs happy. IMO.