Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
The IFIC is financed by:

What the hell is Atkins Nutritionals doing with those guys? Anyways, this:

A denigrating statement. To denigrate is to belittle, disparage, sully, defame, to treat as of lacking value or importance. The term "food tribe" translates into "tribe of food". "Of food" can mean a lot of things. Made of, believes in, holds such, allows such, forbids such, consumes such, produces such, distributes such, knows such, etc.

Who is the IFIC and is it a food tribe - a tribe of food - as well? By all measures, it is. Based on its mission statement, the IFIC knows of food. By its financial support, it represents producers and providers of food, yet other types of tribes of food. For all intents and purposes, the IFIC is a public front for for-profit groups.

That's one tribe of food bashing other tribes of food just because the other tribes of food don't wanna buy their stuff. Maybe I'm just cynical, but that's how the whole thing looks to me.

Well stated. Subtle and not so subtle generalizations invoking stereotypes by using terms like "food tribes" are certainly strategically intended to isolate these radical "dietary head cases", my own translation, in order to make the majority believe that adoption of a certain way of disciplined eating is out of desperation, not a valid health pursuit. Neuro-linguistic Programming at its finest and used, not to help people, but to plant the seeds encouraging Groupthink with the intended result of developing subconscious perceptions of certain unacceptable behaviors by certain fringe groups. That's a very sensible approach by those financially supporting IFIC.