View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-20, 10:16

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Thanks Janet! I did see that article, and it does make sense - too low and you create new gallstones. However, they were talking about extremely low fat (as low as 1g of fat). My goal is 50g of fat, and if I can eat more, I will.

"It’s been shown that people who (instead of fat) eat more carbohydrates are at increased risk of gallstones." That makes sense too, but I am going to eat low carb, not replace the fat with carbs.

The verdict is out if I even have gallstones. I did not have them the last time they checked. More medical tests to follow.

After a horrendous few days, I feel the need to be very gentle with my body and listen to it very carefully. I am going to focus on high-quality fats, and see how high fat I can go without symptoms. This week has a disaster since I am still experiencing symptoms, and struggling to find a balance.

Too few calories, eating about 70 net carbs, and at 30g still too low fat. But my only other choice is to keep gaining weight, so I am willing to experiment.