View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 07:03

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I think there are or can be many different definitions of fasting mimicking diet. When I was looking into this a few years ago, it was a general idea rather than someone's specific plan with lots of rules. In general, it was sort of like alternate-day fasting, which allows 500 or so calories with no indication of how you "spend" those calories.

I don't know about any of you, but after being in the low-carb world since the mid 1990s, I'm getting so annoyed by these so-called experts with all their rules, and if you don't follow each and every esoteric rule exactly, well, then it's your fault if it doesn't work.

When I was using homeopathic hcg back in 2011, I remember posting on an hcg forum that I had 3 oz of very lean pork and steamed green beans for dinner one night. Oh my goodness! It was like I was advocating child abuse or something. Dr. Simeons said NO PORK, so why was I having pork? Dr. Simeons said NO GREEN BEANS, so why was I having that? They said I would be doomed to failure if I didn't follow every tiny dictate. You couldn't use hand lotion or moisturizer. You couldn't eat tuna packed in water. Oh, and homeopathic hcg simply would not work; you had to do the injections to be successful. The rules were endless. I ignored most of them and lost 35 pounds in just shy of 4 months.

Seems I got a bit off topic there. I remember in one of Gary Taubes's books he wrote that some people might be able to lose the weight they can, but not the weight they want. He was saying that no matter what some people do, they are physically incapable of dropping enough body fat to get to what some would consider a "healthy" weight. I remember reading that and feeling like I should just give up because I'm probably one of those people. Sad day.