#6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-19, 12:37

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
People who are short due to a genetic limitation in growth hormone--as well as animals--tend to have longer lifespans and a resilience versus metabolic disorders rather than the other way around. It's not really clear that an increased level of growth hormone--outside of calorie restriciton or fasting, is all that healthy. And in those cases, there's a stressor that limits growth in the calorie restriction/fasting, the elevation in growth hormone may ameliorate this, but isn't going to result in a taller/longer phenotype.

For a while growth hormone replacement was touted as sort of a fountain of youth, this became less popular when exogenous growth hormone resulted in insulin resistance.

I was thinking about that, too. It seemed to me like the obvious answer might lie in ethnic origin? We know some groups of people are more susceptible to developing diabetes and that many of those groups tend to be on the shorter side. They didn't mention controlling for that at all which made me wonder if they are comparing apples to oranges.