* discovered it was a heart valve defect, by then I was literally bedridden
* was put on hospice to die
* eventually got open heart surgery and was saved
* learned to walk again with full-body atrophy and well over 500# weight

* was on medication for 2 years that kept my glucose high and heart rate low
* took myself off it and finally could exercise a little
* lost back to 328# currently
* have now taken up walking and weight lifting both in intro/small measure

Saturday I started my pick-any-exercise plan and did curls. I couldn't even lift my left arm for four years and have been far too lazy about working with weights since surgery. I'm pretty weak, my barbell is only 26# total. I did 3 sets of 5, I planned 5 sets and then seriously just forgot about that. Tonight is my next time doing them, coming soon.

Sunday I walked to the local grocer and back in the morning, and then to my parents house (1-way) in the early evening. (Bit too far for me.)

Monday I walked to the local gas/food mart, and then also walked around this little 'walking path' about a block from my house.

Tuesday I skipped walking but did reverse curls. I'm a lot weaker in that direction! I did manage 5 sets of 5 reps at the 26# on barbell but the last set was tough to keep my body still so it wouldn't "help" me get through it.

Then I tried dumbbell presses, to discover I could only lift 15# 3x with right arm and not even once with the left arm. I put 15-10-5-3-1 dumbbells by my bench and tonight I will see what I can do and just keep going down in weight until I can't do more with 1#.

Today Wednesday I walked around a small local park nearby that has a path all the way around the outside. All of these 'walking paths' are poor quality in that the cement/asphalt is terribly broken up, mounds of grass/weeds, etc., so you kinda have to watch where you're walking. But aside from that, it's very nice to have those options.

I am hoping to do the walk to dad's again this Sunday. The park today was about 840 steps around for me. Dad's is nearly 1800. So hopefully tomorrow I can do twice around that park. I'd like to be able to walk that many steps without being as bad off as I was last weekend, before it happens again.

Cardio fitness develops very fast at least at the lower levels though.

When I am lowcarb, my avg resting heart rate is 88, oxygen is 94-95%.
When I am fasting, my avg resting heart rate is about 68, oxygen is 95-96%.
Currently my avg resting heart rate is 78, oxygen is 96-97%.
So I'm assuming this is good for me.

PJ