View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-18, 22:29

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

First of all, let me say I'm most impressed by your having secured this meeting. Also, I admire your activism.

There are other people here who are better informed about LC research, so I don't have anything to add there, but here's a technique that might help you in your interview:

mirroring of body language

Do a little research on this - I've used it many times in the past to improve rapport with others. Here's the wikipedia article:

Mirroring

Practice a little on other people before your meeting. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

He may do this himself. Politicians often do, so he might recognize the technique, but if you're smooth about it, it won't be offensive.

See e.g. this video on

How to mirror body language

it gives some good tips.

Another thing that is really helpful: Give him your total attention. Don't be looking all over the room, or at his clothes, or internally, or wherever. At that moment, he's the only person in the world. Politicians do this too. Be totally in the moment. A morning workout, like yoga, can help you be centered and calm later in the day.

You are doing your homework, so you will show up prepared. At that point, you can relax, be in the moment, and enjoy this civic adventure.

Oh, and it never hurts to be well groomed. Check out this thread on men's suits:

Suits (mostly men)

Go get 'em, Tiger!