#39   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-18, 01:48

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Are you going to share your finished paper with us here (as a pdf)?? B/c you know I'd love to read it & probably everyone else here as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Can you print this to a pdf and post or pm me a link. I'd love to read what I'm sure is a fabulous argument for a better WOE.

I wondered if this might happen.

In all seriousness, I think it's appropriate that Dr Clark be the one to see it first; it really was written for him first and foremost, and it is personally addressed to him on the cover.

The idea of putting a more serious styled document out there with my name on it is also a bit scary to me. I can look back and feel comfortable about my DD story for example, as that's pretty much just about me and my experiences. But the stakes are so much higher this time; now I'm making all sorts of claims about all sorts of things which will inevitably attract feedback of all kinds which I'm a bit nervous about having to deal with. I've argued on the internet plenty of times before of course, but never under my real name.

It's for this reason that I think I'd probably have felt more comfortable writing a book than a government policy proposal, if I felt that (a) I was capable of writing one and (b) anyone would bother to read it. Something like what I've done here feels like a logical next step up in scale though, and I already know it will see the direct personal attention of the Health Minister himself, so I figure I'm getting decent value for effort on this one, at least.

I think what I'll probably do in a couple of weeks once I've had the meeting with Dr Clark, is upload the PDF to Dropbox and link to it here for a limited period of time. That way, people who have a genuine interest in it can grab a copy, hopefully without the side effects of mass circulation (at least not so quickly, anyway).