View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 08:41

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 248/230/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

I personally wasn't offended by Levi's question. As you can see he is from Germany, he may not have been able to get his question across in terms that we respond to. I could be wrong, but I think it is just a question of curiousity. Obesity is a huge problem in America. That is why we are all here right? I don't like the word obese, I never have. But it is there. And I have to admit I am. It is a slap in the face, but maybe that is what I need. Levi's question, coming from someone who looks like him seems insulting, but would we have reacted the same way if his picture was different? I'm not trying to make anyone mad, I'm just giving another viewpoint and I could be way off base. The internet is a cold medium. Sometimes it is hard to get things across to people in the way you really want to. That being said.....

Several things lead to my "obesity". I am the only obese member of my family. My sister and I were raised in the same house with the same parents and from childhood I was the chubby one and my sister was the skinny one. Genetics.....somewhat. Overeating ...mainly! I have eaten emotionally since childhood as well, and there wasn't much exercise involved. That is pretty much it. I'm sure convienence foods have alot to do with it too.

I think eating a high protein, low carb diet is pretty much the way out, and I intend to do it for life.

Whitney