View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jun-18-15, 02:09

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thinking about the things which trigger migraines, here is part of a post from the Coping With Epilepsy forum:

One of my seizures occurred during nerve conduction study during the second phase of an EMG. They introduced a small amount of voltage into my leg, and I had a generalized seizure, chest pain included. The test was terminated. No doctor made the connection, or understood that the voltage introduced into my body gave me a seizure. That part of the test was buried. The first phase of the test demonstrated consistent electrical discharges from my muscles (at rest), consistent with Myotonic Dystrophy Type 2.

A total of five doctors have dismissed my seizures as psychosomatic or psychogenic, which is inconsistent with logic since the precursors or triggers were always biologically activating, and always deal with electricity, or radio waves. Many muscular dystrophy patients have seizures, and I am not aware of a single doctor who has made the connection between electrical abnormalities in the body leading to seizures. Considering that the voltage of a single muscle cell is -60 millivolts, and that exltracellular fluid has a higher polarity, and that the contraction of muscles involves chemical depolarization and repolarization of one muscle cell, through appropriate ion channels, it is apparent to me that doctors are still very ignorant about seizures.

Furthermore, it is damaging spiritually and psychologically to individuals which can leave permanent scars, if not wounds. For thousands of years doctors have made misdiagnosis, and only when the science is clearly understood is the correct diagnosis made. It would be better for doctors to say, "I don't know." Seizures obey the laws of physics, Ohm's law, and chemistry. Much can be learned about a seizure by studying an integrated circuit board.

To summarize, neurologists, and epileptologists label seizures as psychosomatic or psychogenic largely because they don't understand the science behind seizures fully. In reading Dr. Devinsky Alternative Therapies for Epilepsy book, it became apparent that he did not understand the science behind many alternative therapies, and subsequently dismissed them.

I find out a great deal about what triggers migraines, how to know one is coming on, what to expect, what to do, etc., from the epilepsy sites and forums.

Hope this helps someone else.