View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-24-13, 09:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/227/150 Female 5 feet, 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Often if a person loses a lot of weight quickly, it's because they are dropping water, besides fat. And this is not a bad thing. Because when your cells are using carbs for energy, they have to retain a lot of water. When you go into ketosis, that water is not needed any more. And that's why the scales drop so fast.

I've lost a total of 16 lbs in about 2 weeks. I did not go into induction quickly. I eased into it more slowly. I do better that way--not so achy all over, and less cravings.

As for how many calories one should eat, I really think we need to learn to listen to our bodies again. What we need is to lose the addiction to stuffing one's face. Completely cutting out all the sugar and starch helps tremendously with that!

I found after I hit real ketosis, I could begin to eat only when true hunger hit, and eat only enough to satisfy the true hunger, and my calorie count began to drop like a rock!

Yesterday was only 12 carbs and 1300 calories. That's how little hunger I have. And the scales dropped 2 more lbs. And I am 50 years old, and diabetic! If I can do it, anyone can!