View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:43

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%
Cool New (My Story)

Hello everyone! I have been lurking here for a week or so and everyone is wonderful! Here is my story! A few years ago (2/00), I started my weight loss quest.... I was coming in at 170 and on my small frame, it was taking a toll on me. I did Atkins a few times, could never stay on it (summer came, vacations, etc) but then found out I had severe gall bladdar damage, after that surgery... I modified to the old "low fat, high carb plan"... which of course didnt help either. I then went on ephedra. Lost close to 60 lbs, TINY girl... then ended up after 7 months in the ER, almost dead. The ephedra had taken a huge toll on my ticker. I then miscarried 4 months later (thanks ephedra), and ended up in the hospital with a terrible infection for 2 weeks. Over the next several months, I gained 35 lbs. It was terrible! This year, I have taken a new approach. I don't have too far to go to reach my goal. I workout for close to 2 hours a day including cardio and weight training. I wear a 4-6 depending on designer, I am almost where I want to be. I cut out most of my bad carbs months ago... I don't do potatoes, pasta, rice, etc... I was sticking to around 50 carbs a day, high protein and lower fat... I have been on a darn plateau for MONTHS! Atkins never worked for me because I would "go off" and gain the weight back... I was a carb addict. I decided to go for it again, since I am NOT a carb addict and once I go off induction, I won't be adding many carbs into my routine, so the weight should stay off. I do have a big problem with Atkins though since it is SO restrictive on carbs, it is very hard to keep my fat intake down... I have been doing the turkey bacon, and LF everything, but still having a tough time.... So maybe I should try another plan? I am in dark purple ketosis and have been for a week... Since I don't have too much weight to lose, it will take longer and that is fine... but I don't like eating all of this fat! I have also been dabbling in all the LC products out there... they were not there when I did Atkins in the past (and thank God most of them werent, most of that stuff is NASTY!)... So, there is my story! I hope that with the great support here, I can get these last 10 lbs or so OFF! Thanks for having me
Sponsored Links