View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 18:11

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
After spending billions on overriding our willpower, they blame us for failing to exercise it.

This is as accurate as it is concise. It cuts so close to home for me that it actually made me wince when I first read it.

Regarding policymakers, I'm not so sure that the fault lies entirely with them, but more with the people that they rely on for official advice. Most of the response to my earlier proposal to the Health Minister here came not from the man himself, but to his ministry advisors that he deferred to. His team of "experts".

I think the best chances of making the most progress on this issue quickly is to actually have a discussion with these "experts" face to face. It's easy for the two sides of any argument to snipe at each other across the internet, but to get the right people in the same room together is where meaningful advances can really be made. We saw this with the recent Swiss Re conference in Zurich where there were just as many lowcarbers as there were traditionalists. Hopefully we'll see more of these sorts of meetings in the future.