Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hismouse
What time of day is best to tke Mag.
With food in smaller amounts. or 7 times daily in the water you drink
[PDF] Recipe for Magnesium/Bicarbonate Water Magnesium Hydroxide is Milk of MAGNESIA and you should look for stuff with no flavourings or additives (chloroform)

Quote:
I have been taking it at night. But I want my BF to start taking it, he has so many signs of deficiencys, Is it ok to take at dinner time.
100mg with each meal would be better than 300mg at one meal.

Quote:
He has insomnia so bad. I am hoping this helps.
Would it be good to for him to take D3 and how much.
Most people are both vitamin D3 and magnesium deficient it's sensible to supplement with both. 5000iu/daily D3 is a good starting point but some people will find up to 10,000iu produces better results faster. No need to spread the dose of vitamin D through the day once a day is fine if you forget or are going away from home there's absolutely no harm in taking a weeks daily intake in one go.
But DON'T DO THAT with the magnesium or you'll waste it down the loo a few hours later.

Quote:
1- he smokes
I don't have to lecture you or him. I'm sure he knows.
Quote:
2- he eats as healthy as me, but eats dark chocolate daily.
If it's the 75% COCO type that's probably doing no harm may even be helping, depending on amount and calorie content. I like a couple of squares of dark chocolate 81% from time to time.

Quote:
3- is spine is ravegged with a birth defect, the lower never fused, and then he has rods supporting his middle spine, his neck is fused.
Would D3 help save the (anything) and help the pain he has?
If he's in a lot of pain all the time then maybe increasing the vitamin D to 10,000iu/daily would see a greater improvement faster.
topping up your vitamin d tank dr Davis

Quote:
I also was wondering, would MY B's vitamins be good for him to.

Thanks for the help
I've not researched Bvits for chronic pain so can't comment.