#29   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 12:17

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
One long winter evening, I stumbled into a bunch of Nutrasystem reviews, and it was fascinating. Because they believed in the "magic" of Nutrasystem; bemoaning that they could not afford it but are saving up to "do it again."

I was appalled. There was nothing special about this food. In fact, anyone with a phone calculator could cruise through the supermarket and throw prefab food into their cart and wind up with better tasting results for far less money.

But they would not do that. Or could not. Or something. These were people who seemed to have no problem just eating what they were told in this highly structured program. And lacked the ability to do it for themselves.
Yeah, there are a lot of comments at the NY Times article about "why not just google low carb diets or buy a low carb diet book and do it yourself and save $400/month?" which of course is what many of us do here.

But not everyone can. We have lots of drop-outs here even though folks can come here any time for advice or pep talks. And there is always the fact that one size does NOT fit all. Maybe their virta docs can help fine tune what you eat. I have to admit the whole "upload your weight daily" turned me off. As one commenter noted, a weekly weight check is probably more meaningful than a daily one. I *am* one of those who find I MUST weight daily to have any hope of progress, but I don't think everyone is comfortable with that.

At any rate, $400/month is so far out of my budget that it's a moot point. I might give it a try, though, if my employer sponsored it. But since I'm retired and have no employer or employer health plan I guess that's pretty unlikely too.